The SPEEDIER Service will bring together a number of facets of the energy efficiency (EE) agenda to be delivered to the SME under the supervision of the SPEEDIER Expert. Other project deliverables that are relevant to the SPEEDIER Service include D4.2 (SPEEDIER Tool), D4.8 (Mobile App.) and the D4.7 (Financing Models). Please refer to these deliverables if further information is required on these particular facets of the Service. In this Deliverable, the focus is on training for decision makers and the general staff within SMEs. The role of the SPEEDIER Expert is key to the coordinated delivery of the most appropriate interactions with the SMEs who, as has been said before, generally would not put energy efficiency at the top of their list of business priorities.
In order to strengthen the take-up of the SPEEDIER Service, training content topics have been chosen that will assist the Expert & SME at 5 key stages in the Energy Efficiency journey:
1. SPEEDIER Service & Energy Management
2. Ring Fencing Mechanism, Behavioural Change & SPEEDIER App
3. The Energy Pyramid (Energy Conservation, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy)
4. National Funding Options, Risk Management, Register of Opportunities and Verifications
5. SMEngineering: Energy Conversation Measures
The training for SME management is contained in all 5 ‘modules’ and the general staff training is contained within the first 2 ‘modules’ to help the Energy Expert deliver the Service as defined in D4.1.